Are you simply outstanding?
Come and join our team as a Part-time Receptionist / Administrator
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a part-time receptionist / administrator to come and join our friendly team at SIMP in Salisbury. A medical background is desirable but not essential. Candidates must have excellent communication skills and telephone manner and experience of administration and computer systems. As part of a small team you’ll be compassionate, reliable and flexible, adaptable and comfortable working under pressure.
- Answering telephone calls to make appointments / take messages / prescription requests / home visit requests
- Fielding general enquiries to the relevant member of staff
- Responsibility for cash / credit and debit card payments
- Checking and bagging up dispensed medication
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post and emails
- Running and actioning administration reports
- Preparing travel assessment forms for the GP to review
- Preparation of items for collection by hospital courier and opening and distributing hospital incoming mail
- Faxing of results, letters, reports etc.
- Some manual handling / lifting
- Opening the practice in the morning / locking up in the evening
- Ensuring doctors’ supplies are replenished
- Operating the dishwasher and washing machine
- Other duties as agreed.
Whilst we operate under the current COVID-19 government guidelines it will be necessary for all staff to wear PPE as appropriate and carry out cleaning and sanitisation of communal areas between patient consultations.
The vacancy is for the following shifts but some flexibility is required to cover other shifts as necessary :
- Tuesday 1pm to 6pm
- Thursday 8.30am to 1pm
- Friday 1pm to 6pm
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by Friday 31 July 2020. We look forward to hearing from you.
No agencies please.